Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sickly

Yesterday I had a migraine. Shattered vision, pounding head, the pukes. These are also symptoms for carbon monoxide poisoning which meant that, even though I was sicker than a dog, I had to get dressed, go to town, and buy a detector.

I got home, plugged it in, and there was no alarm. So it was a migraine (or else the detector was defective or the battery didn't work or there was just enough fresh air by the detector for it not to sound! Welcome to my anxiety attack.)

Toward evening, when I was feeling a bit better, I called my Dad to check on his sister. I told him about how I had been feeling puny and that I had purchased a detector. He told me he used to have one but it kept going off all the time so he got rid of it!

What?! Isn't that the point of having one? I was getting ready to launch into a panic driven lecture when he told me that he had replaced the boiler since then.

Amazing. It makes me a bit easier to understand, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Morgan the Muse said...

I think your paranoia is getting a little over the top. I guess you could get a canary. Then you would know if your air was breathable.
Here's hoping it was a migraine!

Anne said...

Guess better a canary than a dog or cat! Hope the migraine was chased away by the fresh air...laden with this beautiful snow......so peaceful!

Misfit in Paradise said...

Whatever the cause, it is over now. And no critters had to die in the making of this blog!