Sunday, March 27, 2011

Work

I am still trying to get used to that getting up in the morning and heading off to work thing. Does everyone do this? Is it some kind of conspiracy? I don't know what kind of conspiracy it could possibly be but since it is such an uncomfortable undertaking, it must be one. That's my argument and I am sticking to it.

On one of the mornings I was on my way to my gainful employment, I passed a Mennonite farmer just heading into his field. When I came home, he was still there. In the same place. The next morning, same thing. That night, still in the half plowed field. Now my theory here is that he had a possible blowout on one of his horses and he was waiting for the Mennonite version of AAA to come fix it. Because by the next morning he was gone and the field was finally plowed. It makes sense to me.


I guess the moral of the story is that we all have to work.

Unless you're a Mennonite horse.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Donna,
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Got news for ya tho ... Those horses of the Mennonites work harder than most of their grivers ... Liberty? I used to live pretty close to ya.
Thanks again for passing by.
Teri (your new blue light shopper)

Kate said...

Gee, why didn't he just pick up his cell phone and call ... um, oh, right.

Congrats on the work thing, sorry, too. :)

Misfit in Paradise said...

Thanks Kate. I appreciate you checking in because I know how tied up you are right now. I'm thinking of you.