Friday, October 22, 2010

Just How Flat Is That?


Yesterday was mammogram day. Never a fun time for a woman but just something that has to be done.

For the first time ever, the technician caused me some pain. It seems she could not grasp the concept that my sternum was NOT going to bend at a 90 degree angle no matter how hard she tried.

And she tried. Boy howdy, how she tried.

So for the next few days, there will be no hugging, brushing against anything, or wearing a seatbelt. I'm not even sure handshakes will be acceptable.

Makes me view pancakes in a whole new light.

5 comments:

Peggy Furey said...

Be grateful for mammograms. One saved my life.

Misfit in Paradise said...

I know they have their benefits. I had a biopsy a few years ago because of a 'spot' on my mammogram. But they will never be comfortable!

Sparrow said...

yes they do save lives... But man oh man what women go through!!
hope your tata's feel better soon!

Anne said...

They compress because they care.

Misfit in Paradise said...

Anne - Well that's a different spin on things!