Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Smoking May Be Hazardous To Your Health

I have reverted to the vice of smoking again (it's a great weight loss system) but I do not want to do it in the upstairs part of my home. Instead, I take myself and my cigarettes out to the back steps.

Last night while I was sitting out there I noticed the cats playing with something. At first I was sure it was a scorpion (ugh) but when the cat moved I could tell it was a snake (just writing the word gives me the creeps!). It was obviously dying but I still didn't want to get too close.

This morning I thought I would check and see if it was still there. Amazingly enough, it was. And this is what it looked like;


That's right. A baby rattlesnake (it sends shivers down my spine just to look at the doggone photo!).

Makes me rethink the whole smoking thing.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yikes! Hope it was too far gone to go for the cats by the time they got to it! Eeeek!