Monday, January 11, 2010

Necessities

It snowed today. Schools are closed, businesses opened late, and over the weekend even churches canceled their services. Roads are still icy in spots. But when you REALLY have to get out, none of that matters.

I didn't need bread, milk, or paper towels. No, it was my nails that caused the trip. The Christmas 'Green Talons of Death' (Fuchsia's description) had passed their expiration date. Off we went to the big city.

It's been over a year since I have had a set of new nails put on and the old ones were getting pretty shabby so Anita and I (see the Liberty blog for her pic) decided to bite the bullet and replace them.

It feels creepy when they are peeled off. Not painful, just nauseating. Times 10. Once that was over, 10 new ones are super glued on, shaped, covered with acrylic, sanded down, then painted. It takes about 1 1/2 hours and is as fun as it sounds.


The finished product made the death defying trip worthwhile.

Or it will when they quit hurting.

2 comments:

Sparrow said...

ripped off.........oh god, give me a moment.

But they sure are beautiful

Kate said...

Oh, I am too ashamed to ever let you see my pathetic nails..

Glad you made the trip back and home safely!