Thursday, March 5, 2009

O What a Beautiful Morning!

I would probably describe myself as not a morning person. I go to bed between 2 and 3 am and I usually stumble out of bed somewhere between 9 and 10.

The first hour awake is generally spent sucking down coffee and catching up on all the blogs and news on the net. By 11 am, my eyes are somewhat open and the brain is beginning to function (I don't want to read the news when I am too awake or it might bum me out!).

This morning, I was not allowed my slow, deliberate trudge into full consciousness. It began with my initial foray into the bathroom where I discovered an entire roll of paper towels shredded into oblivion. Yay!

And it would have been nice to have some paper towels because one of the cats (Cupid perhaps? It is her typical MO.) had puked just outside the food dish. So special!

Yet apparently not special enough to satisfy sweet Ziggy. She had opened one of the cupboards where I store my clothes and dragged all my black sweaters through the house. They are now sporting a gray fuzz.


However, I won't complain too loud. The sun is shining and the temperature is supposed to be close to 70. For that, I can deal with a few morning setbacks.

Unless tomorrow starts the same way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a beautiful day like that, you're right. A few minor chores aren't going to put too much of a dampener on the day :o) xxx

Misfit in Paradise said...

The weather is supposed to turn cold again so I will enjoy it while I can!

Anne said...

That Ziggy is truly a clown. Maybe she thinks black becomes her? I have a paper cat as well....Callie has a thing for the napkins on the kitchen table. She loves to pull them out of the holder, then chomp on the corners of a few. She also loves to jump on my desk, and I I don't let her walk across my computer, she pays be back by finding a stack of paper to munch on.....love these cats!!!