Monday, December 8, 2008

Not in New York Anymore, Toto

I was born a Yankee. That means cold, sometimes snowy holidays (like Halloween!) This year though, I am on my second 'palm tree Christmas' as my daughter calls it.

It seems bizarre to be outside smelling fresh flowers the second week of December. And to put up my ornaments next to the blooming begonias (still here from spring. Two years ago.).



Now I know a lot of you are wishing you were here with the 60 degree days. But you should ask yourself, "Can Santa land a sleigh with those runners on sand?" Exactly.



On the flip side, the camellia really is beautiful. And the only place you will find them is where the palm tree Christmases happen.

I'm sure if I were in Tundra Land the cold would lose its charm almost immediately. So I will stop my whining and appreciate the lack of snow. Until December 24th!

No comments: