Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Headache from Hell

Today I am climbing out of the abyss. Yesterday morning I stupidly ignored the early warning sign of shattered vision. By the time I decided to take action, I was falling backwards off the ladder into a migraine.

I called my neighbors to ask for help with chores and then my husband to let him know that I would be out of commission for awhile. I had to get this done quickly before I lost the ability of coherent speech.

I took every kind of pain pill I had, closed all the curtains, and went to bed with the covers over my head. 12 hours later I considered myself lucky that all I had suffered (and still had) was the throbbing head. No throwing up this time.

Today I still have the headache and question my coherence but at least I can see to drive.

It's been 11 years since the last one of these. I hope it is at least that long before I have to go through it again.

No comments: