Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nablopomo

This month on NaBloPoMo the theme is in a word. As a help, the site suggested you could also use oneword.com or savethewords.org for inspiration. I went to both but found I preferred Save the Words. Mostly because the words BEG as you roll your cursor over them. Who could resist that?

The word that cried the loudest? Scandiscope. I had to go to Phrontistery (a great site for inspiration for ABC Wednesday!) to find the definition. A machine for cleaning chimneys.

Even better was the sentence they used it in. "The scandiscope removed soot, but also what might have been reindeer droppings."

It made me chuckle.

So I will give this a go one more time. I feel I must warn you though, I have only made it all the way through once. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Mara said...

And here I was thinking they used little boys to clean the chimneys! You learn something new every day...