Saturday, March 12, 2011

Immature


Some people may see that as a detriment but I seem to view it as a goal. Kinda'. I don't throw spitwads or drink and drive. I don't name call (well, except for my animals. But they deserve it!). However, I also don't have short, styled hair (which is a MUST for women over 50) and I do have a tattoo. I have a car that is covered with rock band stickers and they are all things I have purchased.

I don't seem to know how to behave in public. I laugh out loud. Sometimes I guffaw and on occasion, I find myself laughing so hard tears come to my eyes. I tell people when they smell nice ( why this is considered so odd is beyond me). I give gifts and entertain even when I am broke. I'm fiscally irresponsible. I still dream about all the things I am going to do in the future that make no sense to most people. I sing rock lyrics while wandering through the grocery store.

It does sound immature, and it probably is. But I don't intentionally hurt anyone's feelings, I cry when I see other people or animals suffering, and I still have hope that Diogenes will find the person he is looking for.

So I guess I will stay in Peter Pan land forever. And I will save a spot for anyone who wants to join me.

5 comments:

Mara said...

What's wrong in telling people they smell nice? You would tell them their hair or clothes look nice? What's the difference?

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional! I've got it on a mug and I am still the (so-called) right side of forty!

Misfit in Paradise said...

I agree with all of it!

Kipp said...

...is it wrong of me to NOT tell a lady at work the other day she had toilet paper stuck to her shoe because I wanted others to see it?
I thought it was funny...surly others would too, right?

Kate said...

You're my kind of people!

Misfit in Paradise said...

Ah Kate, I have missed you! I hope all is well with you.