Friday, March 4, 2011

Curmudgeon

When I was younger, I thought it would be cool to be labeled a curmudgeon. Kind of an outwardly cranky person but everyone knows that underneath beats a heart of gold. Unfortunately, it wasn't possible because all curmudgeons are male.

Sigh.



Or so I thought. I looked up the definition in my Random House College Dictionary and this is what I discovered; "an irascible, churlish person." Well la di da! No mention of sex whatsoever. No mention of a hidden heart of gold either but, hey, one out of two ain't bad.

I think I will spend the next week practicing. You know, shaking my cane (hmm. May have to go shopping) at anything that passes by, mumbling under my breath the entire time. "You cats get out of there! Don't drive so fast! What?!"

So, what do you think? Think I can pull it off?

No comments: