Monday, February 14, 2011

What Rabbit Hole?

The rumor used to be that Lewis Carroll, of Alice fame, was an opium smoker. I did some research (on Lewis, not the opium smoking) and found arguments both for and against. Personally, I don't think he did use it.



No, I think that what happened to Mr. Dodgson's (Lewis Carroll) mind was that he gave up nicotine.

My dreams have suddenly switched to the HD super-gloss technicolor. With some CGI thrown in for good measure. Sure, the typical talking horses, sitting down to a cup of tea while discussing just how abysmally their owners ride. The cat rounding up all the humans in her realm and forcing them to sit quietly while she snoozes. Peter Max wandering around with his magic paintbrush coloring in the edges.

But better (worse? scarier? harder to deal with?) are the visions while awake. Oh yeah, the snakes, bugs, mice, rats, etc. that go passing just at the edge of my sight. I jump when I see them until I realize that snake, bug, spider season has not begun yet.

Today is day 3 with no nicotine. This is supposed to be the hump day. If you need me, I will be in the closet with my good friend Mr. Caterpillar. I hear that Jabberwock will join us a little later.

3 comments:

Mr. Spruce Up said...

beware the gollums in there.
congrats and good luck!!

Mara said...

Oh my, oh my! Good luck with all of it (and stay away from the munchies, otherwise the horse will have a lot more to say!)

Unknown said...

I heard the same thing about Lewis Carroll being an opium smoker. But what does it matter? Alice in Wonderland is wonderful and imaginative. Maybe the credit should go to him for having a great imagination.