Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Suzie Lovable

Ziggy, my precious cat who seems to have a bit of a problem making friends, had to go to the vet this week for surgery. She had a spot of skin cancer on her neck that she kept irritating so Doc decided it would be best for us to remove it. I took her in on Monday morning (7:30am! Ack!)

For those of you who have never met my sweet kitty, I offer you this;



That was one of her happier days. Anyway, while she was at the vet, she antagonized everyone. The dogs, the vet tech, even Doc. Luckily he had put her in one of the new cages where the sides slide forward, pinning the animal to make anesthesia much less hazardous for everyone involved. He doped her up and cut out the nastiness.

After the surgery, the office called me Tuesday and told me I could get her in the afternoon.

When I went to pick her up, this is what I saw;




Holy crap, I thought she was dead! Her little legs stuck straight out from her stiff body. Doc told me she'd be fine, she was just still under the anesthetic. I had to take her home and leave her in her carrier for another 12+ hours.

The first 5 or 6 hours weren't too bad. She slept for almost all of it. However, long about midnight she let me know she was about tired of the crate. Howling, hissing, growling. She tried it all. I didn't weaken and release her even though I truly wanted to.

Wednesday morning (yeah, that's today. Kinda'. Maybe after the sun comes up we can call it morning) I will finally be able to let her out. I guarantee we will both be happier after that!

P.S. Fuschia is finally coming home from China! She is in the air even as I type and should be in Cincinnati Weds. at 10:00pm. I can't wait to see her and her photos.

1 comment:

Sparrow said...

Oh my good god I almost wet myself laughing over this!!! I love that you say, "sweet kitty" all quietly and she growls. AWESOME post!

Glad Fuschia is coming home! I cant wait to see pics either! Drive safe!