Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Thank You Easter Bunny

Yep, the Easter Bunny loves me. He brought me a HUGE decorated white chocolate (my favorite! Smart bunny!) candy egg. Almost too pretty to eat. Don't worry though, I am persevering.



And then, because I was super good, he also brought me a new bicycle! A pink Schwinn that is named. Lulu. How could I not fall in love with something named Lulu?


It came Saturday night (okay the bunny might have had a little help) and as out of shape as I am I have still been riding it every day. Granted, not too far but remember, the journey of a thousand miles blah, blah, blah.

Now I know y'all are sick to death of hearing me whine about the weather but, doggone, I can't help myself. And today will be no exception.

YESTERDAY it was a bit windy but I took the bike out anyway. No problem as it is mostly flat here in town. However, on the way home there was a slight downhill slope one block from the house and I was looking forward to the break in pedaling. But the wind was blowing so hard, I had to pedal downhill!

Is Colorado exempt from gravity?

I don't think I will ever get this place figured out.

4 comments:

Sparrow said...

Now thats a perty bike you have there...all you need is a basket to carry your bread to feed the ducks in...
oh and an anti-gravity booster

Betsy said...

wow! wow! I'm almost speechless!
~ such nice Easter surprises! ~ chocolate (even if it IS white?! - who ever came up with that idea anyway?!) AND a bike! You are one lucky lady!!!! (no, I didn't get anything...but I 'gave'...and I believe the 'gift is in the giving', right?!?! Miss ya!

Misfit in Paradise said...

Bassman is putting the basket on as we speak.
Betsy - I think Bob1 needs a beating.

Mara said...

We don't have any down or uphill slopes down here, but I always have to go against the wind anyway, even if there's no wind! So, I do sympathize.