Saturday, April 17, 2010

Just Another Saturday

I was talking to my neighbor and she told me there was a Home and Garden Expo at the fairgrounds today. Being a sucker for anything with the word 'garden' in the title I knew I had to go.

Unfortunately we didn't have this conversation until 3:00pm so by the time I got to the fairgrounds it was 3:30 and they closed at 4:00pm. It was pretty obvious most of the vendors were not going to wait that long as they were tearing down when I got there.

Yup, almost everything was gone. Except this,



Of course. There are two types of animals I severely dislike; monkeys and llamas. I don't run into too many monkeys in most of my travels but I seem to draw these doggone llama/alpaca things like flies. These two mean tempered things were the last creatures left from the petting zoo. My lucky day.

And I know that somewhere on the fairgrounds their evil little monkey jockeys were just waiting for me. My nightmares will have material for months.

2 comments:

Kate said...

LLamas spit and monkeys bite!

Misfit in Paradise said...

It's the flung monkey poop that frightens me.