Friday, April 9, 2010

Farming






Busy, busy day today. I planted all the spring crops which means tilling, prepping the soil, etc. You can really build up a sweat doing that. From there it was hoeing the rows for the first setting of lettuce seeds (staggering the planting makes the crops last longer as all good farmers know). The final touch was putting the irrigation in place.

Being able to see the results of all my efforts? Priceless.




After setting all the crops, I decided to get a start on the flower garden too.


So now I must go in and recline on the couch in an attempt to recover from all my strenuous activity. I'm amazed I was able to find the energy to ty p e t h......



Best Posts

7 comments:

Kate said...

Ah hahahahahahaha!!

Sparrow said...

Wow you have really outdone yourself!!!! Actually how are you handling not being in you KY gardens this year? I bet you are dying to really dig in some beds.

Misfit in Paradise said...

Kate - Thank you!

Sparrow - I do miss all my gardens terribly but I am pretty sure I won't miss the weeding.

Mara said...

I only made a fantastic dessert! Oh, and I had to work today...

Misfit in Paradise said...

Mara - See? You were taking it easy! What was the dessert by the way?

Brenda said...

Thats about all the "farming" I can handle as well!

Visiting from BPOTW

Misfit in Paradise said...

Brenda thanks for stopping by.