Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Gift To You


The apartment we stay in here is what I would call a duplex (the tan building in the upper right corner). As you face the building, we are on the right.

For the last 6 months the other side has been empty but it is usually rented out in the summer to temporary Cornerstone (where Bassman is building) employees. Because of this Bassman wants the dogs to 'do their duty' on our side of the back yard.

Comet has no problem with this since she is always on a leash. Cruella wants to get as far from our door as possible though so she uses the other half. Not good.

Tonight I spent over an hour with her on the leash circling, circling, circling while I repeated over and over, "Go poop" (aren't you glad you read this far?). I was beginning to believe the police would soon show up and ask why I was lurking in the shadows when the C-dog finally complied. I figure I will only have to do this another 37 times before she gets the idea.

Is this what they mean by the joys of pet ownership? Cuz' boy howdy, I would have hated to miss out on this in my life! And if any of you are craving the experience, you just let me know. I'll hook you up.

3 comments:

Sparrow said...

touched...thanks

Kate said...

Tee he. I guess that's one of the differences 'tween le cat's and le dogs.. no need to train a cat where to poop.. ;)

Misfit in Paradise said...

Not an issue at home. I guess it's the price we are paying for city life.