Monday, January 18, 2010

What's That I See?

Today was sunny and fairly warm which made it perfect for trying to get some pictures for the Liberty blog. It's not easy driving the same roads every day yet trying to find something new and intriguing to photograph. I have to dust off my eyeballs and put them in the 'different way of seeing' format. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I was driving on 501 when this tree that I pass almost every day caught my eye. Nothing too unusual but I thought it might look cool from a different point of view. It was okay but not good enough for the photo blog.


On Poplar Hill, I discovered this herd of goats. Since I have a soft spot in my heart for the caprines, I had to take their picture. I parked the car, focused on the subjects (which wasn't easy because someone in the field was calling them to their dinner and they were all in a hurry!), and clicked away. I was so enthralled with the goats that I didn't notice 2 horses lying flat out on their sides until I was driving away.



Normally horses draw my eyes before almost anything else (red tailed hawks are #1!) but not today. I guess my 'different way of seeing' mode definitely worked.

If only I could put it to use on the rest of my life!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, that's large herd of goats! I *heart* goats, too. Someday, I'd like to get a couple of nubian dwarfs... y'know, to keep the couple of paints company... and the border collie.. Anyway. lovely photos.

Misfit in Paradise said...

Goats are the hardest creatures to keep fenced in. I couldn't keep ahead of them!