Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Geography Lesson


Back in March I placed Google Analytics on both my blogs (pretty good for a technoidiot, eh?). It gives me the general idea where everyone comes from, how they found my site (referrals or word searches), how long they stayed, and what color their eyes are (just kidding on that last one).

At first I checked the stats every day but as the newness wore off I checked less and less. This week I decided to go a bit more in depth with it and see exactly where everyone came from.

The answer is; everywhere. Paradise has seen visits from 33 countries (including U.S.) and 61 cities (outside of U.S.).

I find this absolutely amazing. I never thought I would get my family to read it let alone people from other countries. So I am making it my mission to discover a bit about each of the cities where some of the readers have come from.

I won't bore you with the details (unless you get curious) but I will encourage those of you who don't have this to install it. Do your own searches. Make our neighborhoods a little bigger and the world a little smaller.

Because, who knows? Someday I may be in Drammen, Norway needing to know where the best place to stay is. And I will be ready!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Way cool! A "world traveler" right here in paradise.