Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snowbird is Flying South



This picture was taken during what is probably my last ride for 2008. To prepare for the winter, the horses are getting their shoes removed on Tuesday. It has been the perfect autumn for riding and I have enjoyed every minute of it.



Friday night I had to drive to Louisville to pick up the Bassman. On the way, the skies over the Bluegrass graced me with this wonderful sunset. I loved the way the buildings appear to be perched in front of a major fire.



At the airport is this lovely piece of artwork which hangs in the atrium. I am amazed at how few people notice it. The pegasus hangs directly over the escalators from the gates to the lobby and it is huge. But it is up by the ceiling and as a whole, we rarely look up.

The Bassman came home to help me move to Hilton Head for the winter. I am heading down to await the arrival of my first (and according to both my children, only) grandchild. While I am gone, my neighbors will move into my house to watch the critters for me. I know I have probably said it before, but I have the best neighbors in the world.

So I will be off to an island in the south for the next 3 months. A tough calling but somebody has to be willing to do it. Which means, once again, same misfit, different paradise.

No comments: