Monday, October 6, 2008

Painting


The economy is crumbling, winter is coming, and I am going to be locked inside. In that case, I want the house to be as cozy as possible. That means freshening up the colors (or lack thereof) and tossing out things that have been hanging around for way too long.

Such as these liquor bottles. I have had them so long they were all covered with dust. I dumped out the liquid, rinsed the bottles out, and tossed them in the recyclables. I imagine the inmates when they are sorting my recyclables will be convinced that I am a huge partier.

Painting would be more enjoyable if I had been partying. I try so hard to 'stay in the lines' only to have some errant brush stroke put a big blob of color where it definitely doesn't belong. Which you can see in the example below.



Amazing isn't it, how quickly it can all fall apart?

I decided I was done for the evening and it was time for cleanup. The dog could go out and do her thing while I was cleaning out brushes.

She went out and started carrying on. Barking at some creature that dared to come into her yard. When I finished washing the paint gear, I called her back in. Apparently the creature that dared show its face also showed its backside to her. Her first encounter with a skunk.

I tore my cleaning cupboard apart hoping the entire time that I still had some Skunk Off around. It must be my lucky (?) day as I had just enough to get the major stink off her face.

So my plans for tomorrow are to head to the vets, come home and rebathe the dog. And after that? A long horseback ride with no paintbrush in sight.

No comments: