Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Autumn Ride



I know I have said it before, but I really do love riding this time of year. Today I decided to try a new trail, something neither one of us had been on.



I think this is one of the best views there is. I would love to be able to see the whole country looking just ahead of the forward tilted ears of a horse.


This is a fairly recently carved logging road behind a church nearby. We headed up it quite a ways until the underbrush got too thick. After that, we tried a side shoot which took us right up to the back of our property. Unfortunately, there is no gate there so we had to backtrack. The horse was not too keen on doing that since she knew the barn was just over the hill.

We got back to the barn and I decided I wanted to do some more riding. Daydream had been positive that being back at the barn meant we were finished for the day. She twice refused to go out back. That annoyed me which translated into an extra long trek out back.

About halfway out, she shot sideways. She went left and I went right. Luckily, the pommel of the saddle kept me on (OW!).

It's always an adventure. Still, that is what keeps things exciting. The good news is that I was not the only one tuckered out at the end of the day,

No comments: