Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Skittle

In October my neighbors came down to visit us. While they were here, one of their young daughters introduced me to a new game. Skittle.

The back story is that supposedly the rarest color Skittle is yellow which is also one of the rarest colors of cars. When you spot a yellow car, you yell out, "Skittle!"

We were walking down the street in Savannah and I called one. She informed me that I was very good at this game.

They have long since gone back home but my family and I down here continue to play. I was driving around the island one day, saw a yellow car, called my husband and left the message, "Skittle!" He couldn't understand the message so he called back in a panic thinking something was wrong.

I passed another yellow car the other day and I couldn't help but think of my young neighbor. I sent her a Hilton Head postcard with her name, the 'S' word, and then signed my name. She wrote me back and let me know that she had seen 4 Skittles and what did I think of that?

Sigh. Bested by a 4 year old!

No comments: